An awarded creative professional with 12+ years of experience in both advertising and film, specializing in developing concepts that will drive business, writing and directing branded and non-branded entertainment, and film editing.
Freelance Director (May 2016 - Present)
• Directed commercials for Johnnie Walker, which aired during the 2017 Grammy’s and won the top prize at the U.S. Hispanic Awards, a Borden Cheese National TVC, a National TVC for Wal-Mart, a month-long social media campaign for McDonald’s, Pinterest-focused films for The Home Depot and a 24-hour web film for the Samsung Galaxy.
• Conceived and directed the first aerial Pornography film entitled “Drone Boning,” which has over 11M views on Vimeo and has been covered on the late night circuit including Conan, Seth Meyers and Colbert.
• Wrote and directed multiple sketch comedy shorts for Funny or Die including the most recent starring Darrell Hammond.
• Conceived, wrote and directed numerous music videos that have gone viral, such as Big Data’s “Dangerous” video and have premiered my videos at SXSW over 6 times throughout the years.
• Wrote and directed multiple short films which have premiered at Slamdance, SXSW and Telluride, including a Vimeo Staff pick for my “Play House” short.
OGILVY & MATHER
Lead Filmmaker (April 2013 – May 2016)
• Conceived, wrote and directed commercials and branded-content for Ogilvy’s many global clients including British Airways, UPS, Holiday Inn, Citizen’s Bank, Caterpillar, IBM, Hyundai, Nationwide, Gerber, Aetna and Norelco.
• British Airways “Visit Mum” spot won best Branded Film at ThinkLA’s Emerging Director’s Showcase, a Silver Pencil at the One Show for Direction and I was recognized as one of SHOOT Magazine’s “New Director’s to Watch.”
• Norelco “Make you Happen” film went viral and won numerous advertising awards including a Bronze Pencil and an EFFIE.
• Created and directed the World’s Largest Game of Jenga for Caterpillar, which not only went viral but was officially recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records.
• Helped write and directed the second season of Mario Batali’s “The High Road” for Hulu, which starred various celebrities including Liv Tyler, Anthony Bourdain, George Stephanopoulos and Isabella Rossellini.
Senior Creative Producer (February 2007 – April 2013)
• Responsible for curating TBWA’s global creative culture through digital content, social media and internal communication.
• Concepted, wrote and directed online content for brands such as Absolut, Kraft, Pepsi, Standard Chartered Bank and MARS
• Trained and mentored Junior Creatives through an induction program.
• Managed TBWA’s internal editorial and production department.
• Assisted the writing of Jean-Marie Dru’s “Beyond Disruption” book.
Communications Coordinator (October 2005 – February 2007)
• Managed and wrote weekly internal communication for Chairman of TBWA, Jean-Marie Dru, Worldwide Creative Director, John Hunt, CEO, Tom Carroll and CCO, Lee Clow.
• Helped launch and managed TBWA’s internal web portal, which kept the entire network of 280 offices informed daily.
• Managed TBWA’s global website, TBWA.com
• Managed TBWA’s internal Film Festival which strengthened its global clients and lead to numerous national and global TV campaigns for Amnesty, Pepsi, Absolut and Pepsi.
Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
Bachelor’s of Arts, Advertising and Communication – May 2005
· Minor in Journalism
The Edit Center, New York, New York - Certified Final Cut Pro Editor – October 2007
· Assisted in cutting two feature films – a documentary and a narrative both of which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.